Chopper writes: Boston Mineshaft: late notice , but I will be in town tomorrow through Friday afternoon. I anticipate my only free evening is tomorrow (Wednesday). Anybody want to catch a drink after 6 or so? I am staying in the Seaport district and have no sense of convenience to places like Lord Hobo or Backbar, but am willing to take a cab anyplace in a 10 mile radius.
Have we talked here about the actual dirt that Trump was/is trying to dig up on Hunter Biden? I'm sure everyone's read about it, I just don't know if we've discussed the fever-dreams about this magical server that will exonerate Russian meddling in 2016, thus legitimizing Trump's BIG WIN, and also houses Clinton's missing emails, and also little elves that repair shoes at night live in this server.
We probably haven't discussed it much because there's so little to say. There's a pipeline of conspiracy theorists and grifters who say any old shit they please, and Trump believes anything that he thinks would make him look good. The end.
President Donald Trump has appointed an author of self-styled "Illuminati" self-help and financial advice books to a position on a federal education board.
I don't know which sentence is the best/worst. This guy's pen name is "Magus Incognito".
Mentz's author page on Amazon suggests that he is a prolific writer, with more than 60 titles to his name. That includes works with titles like "The Law of Attraction & Prosperity Bible - The Illuminati Wealth Manifesto & Codex" and "The Illuminati Handbook - The Path of Illumination and Ascension."
In a 2013 book by "Magus Incognito" called "Rosicrucian and Masonic Spirituality & Secrets - The Handbook," Mentz tells readers the book's teachings "can propel the initiate into the 4th dimension of existence on this Earth."
- To be fair, I also think we are existing in four dimensions.
- To be fair, this guy is just another standard Republican grifter, with a slightly funnier veneer than others.
- To be fair, Reagan consulted an astrologist and later was just plain senile.
DQ writes: Dairy Queen & better half will be there November 11-18, with exception of a dash to Amsterdam for a concert on the 13th. We're staying in Spitalfields, but without work-commute constraints so can be reasonably flexible.
Ajay has a preference for a not-work-night, so perhaps Friday 15th or Saturday 16th?
Heebie's take: plan away!
1. Let's have a Brexit thread. I gather there's a big Saturday vote.
2. On Trump's stupid G7 at the Trump Hotel thing: has he ever passed on a corrupt idea due to fear of being caught? This is just so dumbly brazen - the dumbness is what's shocking, and it's really a different category than selling out the Kurds or ICE separating families. Those are upsetting. This really isn't. It's just amazingly dumb (and I bet it doesn't actually come to pass. Someone convinces him that the bad publicity will outweigh the profits.)